Naturopathic physicians are specialists in natural medicine while providing primary care to patients and their families. As primary care physicians, we evaluate and diagnose medical conditions and disease using conventional as well as comprehensive alternative methods.
These diagnostic methods include:
- Physical Exam – including pap smears and breast exams, well-baby checks, and complete physicals when indicated.
- Blood Tests – including cholesterol testing, complete thyroid panels, advanced viral screening, anemia checks as well as specialized food allergy antibody testing.
- Saliva Hormone Testing – which measures bioactive hormone levels in the body including estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, and cortisol.
- Stool/Saliva Testing for Gut Health – including comprehensive testing for parasites, imbalances in gut flora, and food intolerances.
- Urine Tests – for toxic metals such as mercury and for neurotransmitter imbalances in cases of depression and anxiety.